How it’s Made #2

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A while back I started my new series named ‘How it’s made’. Where I show everyone how I make certain items I have listed in my shop; and, for this post I wanted to share how I go about creating my multipurpose zipper case.  

Here it is from start to finish!

These are the materials I use for the body of the case: 

The lining…
First I press all the fabric and apply the fusible interfacing. 
Next I sew those pieces to the white felt (This adds more body and padding to the case)

Next I prep the faux leather bottoms…
Then sew them to the pattern fabric, like so:
Next I whip stitch my zipper…

Then sew the zipper to the pattern fabric (zipper facing down)
Next, I sew the lining to the zipper and pattern fabric with right sides facing together…
Then repeat on the other side:
Next I edge stitch…
Next, I place the lining pieces together with right sides facing, and do the same with the outer pattern fabric and sew all the way around—making sure I back stitch for the opening on the bottom where I’ll turn the case inside out. 

Once it’s sewn all the way around I open the bottom with my seam ripper and flip the case inside out:



Next I sew the opening, and the case is finish. Then I add the finishing touching with the rings and tassel…

…and there you have it! My case from start to finish.  

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! :-D Thanks for being the first to comment!

      Delete
  2. You certainly do a strong job! Dropping by from Blogging Buddies aiming to follow you, as well as learn new things! Hope to see you at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com where I post about the soft plush toys I make, mend and otherwise create (play with!) to sell at www.Etsy.com/coldhamcuddlies. See you there soon, I hope.

    All the best. Isobel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isobel! Thanks for your comment and I'll be sure to stop by your blog :-D

      Delete
  3. Really cool! I would probably make an absolute mess of it, but I bet my daughter could give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing.
    I haven't been blogging much lately, and today was my first post in a bit, so I'm glad you stopped by and visited. Your post goes along real well with my post for today about pencil pouches! =)
    ~Kim
    from Blogging Buddies
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment JustByou! I'm sure your daughter will love making of one of these, let me know if you two have any questions :-D

      Delete
  4. So cool! I just started sewing, and it's always helpful to see techniques. Actually, I think you just gave me an idea for another project I'm working on! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |