How to Make a Paper Bag House for Christmas Packaging

Thursday, December 13, 2012

I have a super cute way to package all the mini Christmas gift items—actually, this would also work as party favors, or treat bags if you’re hosting a Holiday party. Plus, it’s simple, affordable, and very easy to assemble. So easy in fact, I didn’t even bother to take pictures of how I did it—or maybe it’s because I was being lazy. Either way, this is a fun project!
So, all you’ll need for this project is: Brown paper bags from your local dollar store, white cardstock, any pattern paper or wrapping paper for the door and shutters, black cardstock, ribbon, a hole puncher, glue, scissors, and serrated edge scissors (any edge will work).
For the roof, I cut a piece of white cardstock at 8” x 5 ½” folded it in half, and cut the ends using my serrated edge scissors, and set aside. I cut piece of pattern paper for the door at 2” x 2 ¾” and used my hole punch on some scrap white cardstock for the door knob. Next I cut the green part of the window at 2 ½” x 2 ¼”, and cut a white piece of cardstock at 2 ¼” x 1 ¾”. Stamped a tree image in green and adhered it to the green window piece (if you don’t have a tree stamp you can simply cut a tree out of another piece of plain or pattern paper). Next, cut out a few slim strips of black cardstock for the window frame and adhere those. Once those two pieces are finished, you can apply them to the brown paper bag. Next cut out a thin piece of white card stock and hand cut some waves on it for a cute snowy effect, and adhere that onto the bag as well. Once all of those eliminates have been glued you can fill your bag with treats, a gift, or party favors! Fold the top over, and place the white cardstock roof over the fold, and using your hole puncher, punch two holes near the top of the bag and apply your ribbon closure. A-dor-a-ble! Thanks for stopping by! 

30 comments:

  1. First!! haha. That's an awesome idea! Super cute! I never would have thought to make a house. Awesome pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute! visiting you from the etsy blog team :) great blog!

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! The kids would love this one! =0)
    Thanks for sharing,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your crafts! I'm a new follower bwt, I hope you will stop by my blog and take a peek around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are seriously the cutest. Post after post I thank God I found your awesome DIY blog haha, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and PS about my H&M jacket- I got it last year but every year they have a super similar one. I say go see if you can find one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH what a wonderful idea!!
    Amazing♥♥

    xx Barbora♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the most important blogs that I have seen, keep it up!VMW Express

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your utterly darling paper bag house inspired me to up my game packaging candy for gingerbread houses this year! Thanks so much for the inspiration. http://tikkido.com/blog/brown-paper-lunch-bag-gingerbread-house-tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don’t waste my free time that’s why I read the informative things when I got this blog I really enjoyed reading this.

    face value of whole life insurance

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing. We offer ribbon, patches, labels and others with very good deal. Contact me if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Printsheba is Bangladeshi first Print Marketplace. Our goal is to streamline the merchandise printing process for businesses and ensure that no one has a bad printing experience ever..

    We love helping you bring ideas to life. We want to grow every day. Our goal is to offer the best high-quality content: illustrations, photos, icons, mockups, and presentations templates - Graphic resources......

    Visit printsheba

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a Great Post! I have read your blog such a piece of great information. I really like your article. Gives a lot of information to the readers. keep it up and share more information.
    Read our blog ideal valentines gift for her

    ReplyDelete
  14. God is Good! I promised God that I would share my testimony on this website. I had all the signs of STD Virus but I was not too sure as to which one. I did a lot of online research and scared myself straight for a whole week before going to see the nurse. She took one look at my genital part and first said that it could just be the anatomy of my body, then she said it looked like genital warts and that I MAY have herpes. I was devastated. She gave me some medicine for the herpes and some cream for the warts. I was also tested for every single STD including herpes. I went home and cried searching the web for all sorts of cures for herpes and awaiting my results. I saw a post whereby Dr. Kham cured Herpes and other diseases, I copied his contacts out and added him on WhatsApp via +2348159922297. The next day my test result was ready and I confirmed Herpes positive. I told Dr. Kham about my health problems and he assured me of a cure. He prepared his herbal medicine and sent it to me. I took it for 14 days (2 weeks). Before the completion of the 14 days in which I completed the dose, the Blisters and Warts that were on my body were cleared. I went back for a check-up and I was told I'm free from the virus. Dr. Kham cures all types of diseases and viruses with the help of his herbal medicine. You can reach Dr. Kham via his email address on (dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com) or call him on +2348159922297 and WhatsApp him on the same number, but You can Also Visit his website to know more about him at https://herbal-dr-kham.jimdosite.com/ or visit his Blog at https://drkhamcaregiver.blogspot.com/ for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to share a testimony, how i was cured from Herpes by DR AGUGU with his herbal remedy. I don't know where to start, I'm 33 years old and i was diagnoses of genital herpes diseases for 5 years. i lost all hope in life but on like any other i still searched for a cure even on the internet and i saw a comment were a lady testify how she was cured by Dr AGUGU i could not believe it at first, i contacted him, He sent me his herbal remedy i used it for 2 weeks and the Herpes virus was cured completely. I went for medical check and the result was negative from Herpes.
    For those who have the same problem, or any STD should contact Dr AGUGU via email: agugusolutionhome@gmail.com you can also call or WhatsApp +2349123794867

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was pretty pleased to find this page. I wanted to thank you for ones time for this wonderful read!! I definitely liked every bit of it and I have you saved to fav to see new information in your blog.
    engravable pens as gifts

    ReplyDelete


  17. Cure herpes forever..

    Email Robinsonbucler [ @ ] gmail. com.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for writing this quality informational content.  Your writing technique is impressive and enjoyable to read.  You have many interesting points of view that give me pause to consider. Are you looking for wholesale Paper Bags London, Due to our custom bag; efficiency and effectiveness. Client always come back to us.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |