Card of the Week, You're a Good Apple

Friday, September 13, 2013

I was inspired to create this card by my niece, Samantha. She just entered pre-school a few days ago and I can’t believe it! It’s really cool though, because now I can be one of those crafters/card-makers that makes cards for teachers now, hehe. For this particular card design, I used a few old Lawn Fawn stamp set, and a few new ones as well. To create the pattern paper background I stamped the line paper stamp directly onto a white A2 size card base, using the stamp set, schoolhouse backdrops. That stamp set comes with the cutest stamps! 
To create the chalkboard, I used the wood grain pattern paper (which I love), from the, Into the woods petite paper pack, and the black chalkboard paper (for the sentiment) from the, Peach Love Joy petite paper pack. For the sentiment on the chalkboard, I used the LF stamp set, A good apple
The two ink colors I used for the paper pattern design on the card base are, Soft pool, and Pale tomato by Hero Arts. I’m SO IN LOVE with their ink—it’s not even funny. I’m always trying to find a reason to use them. The quality is amazing. Well, I hope you enjoyed this card, and feel free to leave me a comment letting me know what you think! Have a great weekend. 

5 comments:

  1. This is the cutest card!! I would definitely give this to my favorite teachers!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great card!! I really like how you mixed the different sentiments together! Any teacher would love to receive that card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card. So cute! You did a great job. =0)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |