Last Minute Mermaid Birthday Party

Monday, August 26, 2013

This past Saturday we had a last minute birthday party for my beautiful niece Samantha. We had about a week to prepare for this little party so I immediately started ordering supplies on Etsy in the color scheme we were working with. Sam, loves The Little Mermaid, so we wanted to have a really cute mermaid party for her without all of the Ariel overkill—I’m not a big fan of having a characters face on everything. However, we did need to have the presence of Ariel at the party to make our little one happy so we went with an Ariel crown purchased from Party City, some Ariel figures for her cake, and an Ariel shirt to go with her tutu. Oh! and there were also some Little Mermaid balloons, too. I purchased a few of the meringue cookies for the sweets table from Trader Joes, and the rock candy was also purchased from Party City but everything on that table was made by my younger sister, Melanie. Isn’t she so talented? She made cake pops, cheese cake bites, chocolate dipped oreos, macarons, pastry bites, and cake pearls. Everything tasted so amazing! I was glad Samantha had fun at her 3rd birthday party, and I’m glad I took a few snap shots of everything so I can show them to her when she’s older. 

Also, don't forget to follow me on instagram @unifyhandmade. I love to share behind the scense photos of what I'm doing. Here are a few shots I took while I was preparing for the party and during the party, too: 

7 comments:

  1. How pretty! I can't believe you did this last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that is soo amazing!! I adore Samantha ´s dress!! So so cute! Amazing job!

    Xx Barbora

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm brand, brand new to instagram, and I got a sneak peek through it! Love the cake pops your sis made. And the rock candy...Oh how I love rock candy!!! Looks like the party was really fun - the princess is a cutie!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! You did such a great job! I love all the blue that ties it all together! So cute!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo lovely! What a lovely post too xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo lovely! What a lovely post too xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo lovely! What a lovely post too xXx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |