Foodie Friday—Summer Smoothie

Friday, August 17, 2012

During the summer it’s always nice to have cooling treats around the house; or at least the ingredients needed to make one. Like a smoothie! In my house we always have strawberries, blueberries, bananas, skim milk, organic peanut butter, and vanilla creamer. So, I usually just take those items and mix them up together for a tasty, cool treat. Adding peanut butter to the smoothie may seem weird to some but it actually tastes’ really good. 

Go ahead and give it a try!

Ingredients (Serves 1)
1 cup skim milk
Handful of blueberries
6 frozen strawberries
2 tbsp. of organic peanut butter
1 tbsp. vanilla creamer
1 banana 




What’s your favorite smoothie? 

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes...Smoothies in the summer time are a total MUST! In fact, we just went to the grocery store today and picked up some strawberries, blueberries and bananas! =) Yummy pics...
    ~Kim
    from Blogging Buddies
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! and I usually want to go for ice-cream but I always stop and tell myself that these smoothies are way more healthy! :-D Thanks for stopping by Kim.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!! Love the colour of your smoothie GOSH I so want mine badly now.
    My favourite is strawberry and banana smoothie. I get a kick when I bite those strawberry seeds hehe. So wholesome! :)

    Pei Li

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pei! Every time I see this picture I want one! LOL

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness yum! I am definitely going to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmers! I love smoothies so much, they're such a great light breakfast and soooo tasty! :) might have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooove having this for breakfast or lunch. Yum!

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |